Primary 3 – Wednesday 3rd June

Good morning clipart 1 » Clipart Station

Good morning primary 3,

I hope you are all having a lovely week.

I am so sad that the sunshine has gone. I hope it comes back soon!

Scroll down to find your work for today.

Reading:

Please log on to Scholastic to access your book for this week. Click on the link below to find your reading task for today.

Collecting

The Sun’s Family of Planets

Animals of Long ago

Spelling:

Can you think of any fun ways to revise your phoneme words today?

What about using shaving foam to spell out your words. Have a look at the example below to see how it works.

Foam Spelling

You could also use play-doh or any of your own ideas.

Please take some pictures so I can see all of your wonderful ideas.

If you do not want to do anything messy you can rainbow spell your words in your jotter.

Writing:

Over the last few weeks I have been taking part in a weekly quiz. It has been lots of fun and I thought you might like to give it a go. Click the link below and give the quiz a try. You can write the answers in your jotter. Good luck!

Primary 3 Quiz

Now I would like you to write 5 quiz questions of your own. These can be about anything you like. Write them out in your jotter and don’t forget to include a question mark.

Maybe you could test your family with your questions. If you email me your quiz I would love to give it a go.

Number Talks:

Choose one of the questions below and try to work it out in your head. What strategy did you use?

Red – 26 + 9 =

Amber – 57 + 31 =

Green – 68 + 34 =

I will post the answers and some suggested strategies at 3:00pm.

Today we are going to continue with our revision on multiplication.

Please choose the same colour that you chose yesterday. Watch the video and give the task a go in your jotter.

Red:

Red Task

Amber:

Amber Task

Green:

Green Task

Remember our class Sumdog challenge is still live. I will post our class champion at 3:00pm today.

HWB

I hope you enjoyed your Slushies yesterday!! We just managed to get them made in the warm weather as today is to be a bit cooler.

YOGA

We are going to follow a little Yoga session that Mrs McFall (Daniel and Luke’s mum) has kindly allowed us to share on the Blog.

Below is a great Yoga workout that you can do along with an adult or your siblings.  You can also have your favourite ted join in too.

Yoga is a great skill helping you learn the importance of how you breath which in turn helps us relax and sleep well.  (Parents: Mrs McFall recommends that you allow your child to go with the flow and, if you are able to accompany them doing the video, ask them similar questions).  Remember with any exercise we should remember to drink plenty to keep us hydrated, looking after our bodies!!

Once again a great big thank you to Mrs McFall and Luke.

R.E

Over the course of the last few days we have been learning about the importance of Pentecost. It has shown us how important the feast is in the church’s year.

There are a few activities below which you can complete to reinforce what you have learned about The Feast of Pentecost and the Holy Spirit.  You can choose to do one activity or why not complete it together with your siblings.

pentecost – story

pentecost – word search

When you have finished your activities, take a few minutes to pray together with your family.  I have attached a lovely hymn that you could sing together to finish off your Pentecost work for today.

Have a lovely day boys and girls.

Please send me some pictures of your work as I would love to post some of it on the blog for your friends to see.

Remember if there is anything I can help you with then please get in touch at gw17mcmullenkenedi@glow.sch.uk

Take care and ….

Illustration of keep smiling phrase vector - Download Free Vectors ...

Miss McMullen 🌈😊