Friday 1st May 2020

Good morning primary 3,

Can you believe that another week of home learning is over?

Please start today by saying the morning prayer.

God Our Father as we prepare to begin our work we ask you to help us to use properly the many gifts you have given us so that we may fully benefit from our day together in school.

St. Barbara pray for us.

Start off your literacy tasks today by doing some revision on adjectives.

Can you remember what an adjective is?

Take a look through the power point below to help remind you.

Adjectives

Now please write 5 sentences that contain an adjective. You can do this in your jotter.

For spelling today let’s have some fun!

What is the most creative way you can think of to revise your spelling words?

I had a go at home and chose to do some shaving foam spelling. It is harder than it looks!

Click the link below to take a look at how I got on.

Foam Spelling

Choose any method you like to practise your words today. Please remember to ask an adult’s permission before doing anything messy.

You can rainbow write them in your jotter if you would prefer.

For reading today I would like you to have some ‘ERIC’ time. This means we are reading for enjoyment. Choose any book or story you enjoy and sit down to read quietly. Reading is so important and can be so much fun when you find a story you enjoy.

To begin please choose a times table to revise. Go over it in your head or write it down in your jotter. Ask someone at home to test you on your focus table.

Yesterday I discovered a fun maths game for you try. This is called rounding pairs.

I had a go at home and was trying so hard to beat my time.

Click the link below to see how it works.

Rounding Pairs

R.E

Today we should have been attending  First Friday Mass. You can follow Holy Mass which is being streamed through Facebook  by Fr. Campbell at 10am. Please remember you must be supervised by an adult.

May is the month when we focus on Mary, the mother of Jesus. Traditionally at the beginning of May we would change the altar in our classroom to honour Mary. Why not see if you can set up your own altar somewhere in your home to have a special place to remember Mary during the month of May?  Click the link below to find some ideas of what you can include in your May altar.

May Altar

Health and Wellbeing

As today is the first day in the month of May, I thought we could take part in the ‘Meaningful May Calendar’.

Today it asks us to remember what is really important to us and why.

Finish off your day with some well deserved golden time and do something that makes you feel happy.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.

Miss McMullen x