Wednesday 29th April 2020

Good morning boys and girls,

You have all been working so hard this week and I am extremely proud of the effort you are putting in to your school work. Well done!

Please start today by saying the morning prayer and remember to thank God for keeping us safe and well at this time.

Please start your maths work today by playing a round of hit the button. It is so important for us to continuously revise our times tables. Click the link below to access the game.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

Over the last week, we have been revising place value, estimation and rounding. So far you have managed this extremely well and I think some of you are ready for a challenge.

I would like you to have a look at the power point below:

Rounding – Wednesday

Think about how well you were able to answer the questions included within the power point. Below is a link to 3 separate activities organised as a chilli challenge. I would like you to choose one to complete.

Red – Rounding to the nearest 10

Amber –  3 digit – rounding to the nearest 10

Green – Rounding to the nearest hundred

Remember our Sumdog challenge is still live until 3:00pm today. I have also added some new place value tasks to Studyladder. Good Luck!

Click the link below to access today’s spelling work.

Spelling Wednesday

Reading:

A few weeks ago we were working on answering different types of questions. We were looking at something called ‘inference questions’. Can you remember what an inference question is?

An inference question is when we need to use the information from the pictures or text to find the answer to our question.

Watch this short video to help you understand.

Now click the link below and choose one of the worksheets to complete.

Inference Questions

Over the past few weeks, for reading, we have been using Oxford Owl. I have received some emails to tell me some people have had trouble gaining access. Going forward, I am going to try a different reading resource which, I hope, will make things easier for all. Throughout Wednesday I will be in touch with all parents individually to provide them with a log in and details on how to access this new resource.

For Health and Well-being today we are going to look at different types of emotions.

What do we mean when we talk about an emotion?  Write down your answer and ask an adult to check it.

Over the recent weeks a lot has changed in our lives that may have altered the way that we feel. It is very important for us to understand the way that we feel and for us to develop healthy ways to deal with our emotions.

To begin, I would like you to write down as many emotions as you can think of in a few minutes. When you have completed this, think about how your body can sometimes show how you are feeling. Try acting out some emotions and ask someone at home to guess which emotion you are showing.

Click the link below and complete the worksheet. If you do not have a printer please just draw the faces into your jotter.

Emotions

Tomorrow we will do some work on dealing with different emotions.

Have a lovely day and remember to take plenty of breaks.

Miss McMullen x

One Reply to “Wednesday 29th April 2020”