Primary 1 Homework Week Beginning 2nd November

Happy Monday everyone! 

I hope you all had a faBOOlous Halloween weekend. I am sure you got lots of tasty treats.

Can you guess what we will be learning about this week in class?

Bonfire Night!

Your child has been set homework tasks for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night. To keep us all safe, we have decided that all completed work should be kept at home (until further notice). Please remember to send back the clear zippy wallet empty on Tuesday.

This week in Literacy is a consolidation week which means that the children will not learn any new sounds or common wordsDuring this week your child will spend time revising their letter formation, sounds and common words taught over the last three weeks.

Could you please encourage your child to practise their reading book each night. 📖 

Monday

We are revising all of these letter sounds this week- r, m, d, e, c, k

Listen to the Jolly Phonics song for each letter sound. Sing each song whilst doing the action. Practise saying each sound correctly.

Complete Initial Sounds worksheet.

Maths

Complete Bonfire Night Addition worksheet.

Tuesday

We are consolidating these common words this week- am, me, my, did, as, he, can, we, into

1. Use your word tin to practise all of your common words. When you look at each word, read the word and then spell it out loud.
  2. Choose a task of your choice from the menu below, to help you practise all of these common words. Have fun!
  3. Ask an adult to give you a spelling test. How many of your words can you write correctly?

P1-Spelling-Menu

Maths

Addition to 10

Practise adding to 10 by playing the Robot Addition game.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/addition/robot-addition

Wednesday

CVC words

This term we will be continuing with our initial sounds and working on blending CVC words (consonant-vowel-consonant).

The children have been using their magnetic boards and letters in class to blend the sounds we have learned so far to make words.

They have been using the Five Finger Strategy:

1. SAY– Ask your child, ‘Can you say the word ________?’
  2. MAKE/BREAK– Continue, ‘Can you make the word _______ with your letters?’
    -‘Do you know what letter comes first?’
    – Your child will choose the appropriate letters and make the word
  3. BLEND– Ask your child to SOUND OUT the letters by running their finger below
    the letters and your child should then BLEND the sounds together to make the word.
  4.  READ– Ask your child to read the word.
  5. WRITE– Ask your child to WRITE the word.

Using the CVC worksheet provided, ask your child to cut out all of the letters on the worksheet and use these letters to make each CVC word.

Words– sat, tap, pin, tin, pan, den, red, can, mat, pen

Maths

Sumdog 

Sumdog - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding

Log onto Sumdog and complete this week’s challenge. Good luck!

Sumdog login details were given out in term one. Please let me know if you have lost these and I can send you a copy of these details.

Remember boys and girls, if you are really proud of your homework you can scan or take a picture of your wonderful work and send it to my email or tweet me a picture @St_BarbarasPS. 📧

If you have any questions please contact me – gw13mceleneylauren@glow.sch.uk

Thank you,

Miss McEleney😀🌈🌟