Primary 5 last day – Message from Mrs Goodwin

Good Morning Primary 5

Welcome to the last day of Primary 5. It’s not the usual ending to the school year but I hope that you are all celebrating anyway. The sudden school closure in March cannot have been easy for any of you. Your adaptation (with the understanding and support of your parents) to the remote and online form of learning has been impressive, while I’m sure challenging at times. I hope your mums and dads always gave you Golden Time, sneaky playtimes and that you have been able to use this time to learn and develop skills that we would not have had the time or resources for in school. I know that some of you have struggled but have tried your best, and that’s all anybody can ask for.

Although the last few months are not what any of us would have wanted I have been impressed and delighted to see the photographs of work that you have produced and indeed to see your lovely healthy faces. I have really missed spending my Fridays with you all and hearing all of your stories and about your achievements. I have also missed all your help with technology 🥴. You are all individually lovely children and collectively a pleasure to teach. Your mums and dads must be very proud of you🤩. Look after yourselves over the summer holidays, remember to be careful crossing roads and stay safe.

Can I take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very restful summer break and I look forward to seeing you in August in hopefully more normal circumstances.

Mrs Goodwin

3 Replies to “Primary 5 last day – Message from Mrs Goodwin”

1. As Aila’s Mummy I would also like to thank you Mrs Goodwin, Mrs Haughey and Mrs McKinney for all your support over the last year but especially the last few months and for adapting your lessons online to keep Aila busy and challenged. I’ve tried my best but I know she’s looking forward to having a ‘proper’ teacher again! …..don’t think I’ll be giving up my day job! Hope you all manage some rest during the summer. Thank you and best wishes,
    Adele.