Primary 1b- Friday 5th June

Good morning Primary 1b🙋‍♀️

Friday has arrived and Golden Time is near.🌟

You have a few more tasks to complete today and then you can enjoy a well deserved break. You have continued to amaze me this week with all of your wonderful work!👏

Let’s get started on today’s activities.

We will begin our day as always, with our morning prayer.🙏🏻

God our Father, as we prepare to begin our work, we ask you to help us use properly, the many gifts you have given us, so that we may fully benefit from our day together in school. St. Barbara, pray for us.

Here is today’s overview:

DailyOverviewJune5th

Literacy🔠

Primary 1. We need your help!😀

Yesterday I sent an email to all of your parents. I have a very special mission that I would like you to complete. Have a little look at the email for more details. I would like you to use today’s Literacy time to complete this task. It is a very special and important task but I know that all of you wonderful ones will do such a great job! Remember to show off your lovely smiles.

Special Mission  Vibe Business Interiors - Project Award - Top Secret - Vibe ...

Maths🔢

Sumdog Competition

Sumdog have launched a new contest for North Lanarkshire primary schools.

It begins today, the 5th of June and will end on Thursday 11th June. 

Last month our class finished in 35th place out of 316 classes. What an amazing achievement Primary 1b. Our Class Champion was Chloe! Amazing!

Let’s try and see if we can get higher up the leader board in this competition. I believe in you all, I know we can do it! Who will be crowned our Class Champion in this contest?

Remember, in order to qualify, we need a minimum of 10 people to take part in our class. 15 people in our class played last time which was amazing! Let’s try and see if we can get all 19 players this time. You can do it boys and girls. 

Your Maths task for today is to log on to Sumdog and take part in this amazing contest. 

Good luck! Take your time and give it your best shot Primary 1b. I am rooting for you all!

HWB🧘‍♂️🤸‍♀️🏊‍♂️⛹️‍♀️

Let’s get active with some more Yoga practice.  Remember all the good advise Mrs McFall gave on Monday!  Enjoy and make sure you drink plenty.

Well done – we have definitely kept our bodies well looked after this week! 👏👏

R.E.🙏🏻

As today would have been our final First Friday Mass of the school year I would like you to follow Father Campbell’s mass at 10.00 am on Facebook (with an adult’s permission).

Remember to have your SSP (Special Sneaky Playtime).  Hopefully the sun will be shining. ☀️

Alyssa spotted lots of digital clocks around her house yesterday! Great work Alyssa!🌟

Matthew had lots of fun drawing around his little sister. Take a look at all of the body parts he was able to identify and label! This is amazing Matthew!🌟

Thumbs up for Holly!  She  has  written  super  sentences  and  remembered  her  core  writing  targets. Excellent  effort!🌟

🌟It’s now time for GOLDEN TIME. Have fun!🌟

You have completed another week of home learning boys and girls. Thank you for all your effort and hard work this week. I have really enjoyed reading emails, seeing pictures and watching video clips that you have all been sending me throughout the week. There has been lots of wonderful work going on at  home. It has been great to see your smiley faces again and hear some familiar voices.

Next week all of the teachers in St. Barbara’s will be returning to school to organise classrooms and learning for you all coming back in August.  There will be new updated grids for you to use from next week until the end of the term. R.E. and Health & Well Being activities will be posted on here.

Keep working hard my Superstars. I am missing you all lots and lots.

I hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend.🥰

Take care,

Miss McEleney😀🌈❣️