Primary 1a – Wednesday 3rd June

Good morning boys and girls, how are you all today? I hope that you are keeping well and working hard. Let’s begin our day with our morning prayer:

God Our Father, as we prepare to begin our work, we ask you to help us to use properly many gifts that you have given us, so that we may fully benefit from our day together.  St Barbara pray for us.🙏

HWB
I hope that you enjoyed your Slushies yesterday!! We just managed to get them made in the warm weather as today has to be a bit cooler.

YOGA 🧘‍♀️ 🧘‍♂️

We are going to follow a little Yoga session that Mrs McFall (Daniel and Luke’s mum) has kindly allowed us to share on the Blog.

Below is a great Yoga workout that you can do along with an adult or your siblings.  You can also have your favourite ted join in too.

Yoga is a great skill helping you learn the importance of how you breath which in turn helps us relax and sleep well.  (Parents: Mrs McFall recommends that you allow your child to go with the flow and, if you are able to accompany them doing the video, ask them similar questions).  Remember with any exercise we should remember to drink plenty to keep us hydrated, looking after our bodies!!

Once again a great big thank you to Mrs McFall and Luke. 👏👏

On Monday Mrs Connolly introduced you to the phoneme “oo”, can you remember any “oo” words? Can you guess the words I am thinking of:

1. If you look up to the sky at night you will see me.

2. It is on top of your house.

3. You use me to eat soup and yoghurt.

4. I am attached to your leg.

5. Lots of animals live here and people visit to look at them.

6. When you are hungry you eat it.

Now I would like you to use you whiteboards and magnetic letters if you have them to make these words, if not you can write the words down.

T-L-949-Long-Short-Oos-Word-Cards

Remember we use our strategy to help us with our phonemes.

e.g. spoon

Say the word👄 spoon.

Make the word/break the word- s    p    oo    n

Blend the word (push it together) – spoon

Read the word📖 – spoon

Write the word 🖊 – spoon

oo-like-spoon

Today we are going to look at 3 new common words – play, no, look.

play – is a tricky word for us as – ay is a phoneme that we have not learned yet.
no – is tricky as we can’t sound it out n is the letter sound and o is the letter name.
look – we can sound this word out l-oo-k.

Write these words out 3 times each and make up a sentence for each of them.

Maths- Time⏰

Have you been enjoying learning to tell the time? We are going to do a little more practise over the next few days.

Remember… when the small hand points to a number it tells us the hour – the time in the day. When the big hand points to 12, it is o’clock.

Join in with this song.

Were you able to tell all of the times?

*Parents – this teaching clock is useful to ask your child o’clock times* -https://www.topmarks.co.uk/time/teaching-clock

Why not try this little game? https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116/telling-the-time.

RE

Over the course of the last few days we have been learning about the importance of Pentecost. It has shown us how important the feast is in the church’s year.

There are a few activities below which you can complete to reinforce what you have learned about The Feast of Pentecost and the Holy Spirit.  You can choose to do one activity or why not complete it together with your siblings.

pentecost – story

pentecost – word search

When you have finished your activities, take a few minutes to pray together with your family.  I have attached a lovely hymn that you could sing together to finish off your Pentecost work for today.

I hope you have a super day. Try to do your best, that’s all we can ask of you.

Mrs MacLeod 😁🌈