Primary 1a – Thursday 21st May

Good morning boys and girls. I hope that you enjoyed the sunshine yesterday and got some time to play in your gardens. We had our paddling pool out again.๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒž

Today is Ascension Thursday!

We have been thinking about loving and caring for others all week and we have tried to follow Jesus’ commandment to, ‘Love one another as I have loved you.’

You have created a Caring Wreath to show that you care and you have learned about how Jesus ascended into heaven forty days after his resurrection on Easter Sunday.

Normally on Ascension Thursday we would all be going to Mass. Although we can’t actually go to church today, Bishop Toal is celebrating Mass for all of the children of the Diocese of Motherwell at 11am.ย 

This Mass is being streamed on Facebook so you will need an adult’s permission to watch this:

www.facebook.com/rcmotherwell

Father Campbell is also celebrating Mass on St. Barbara’s Parish website at 10am.

With an adult’s permission, please select a Mass to follow.

You might also like to watch the clip below. You can join in if you like.

Literacy – Today I would like you to try to read the phoneme story below aloud to someone in your family. ย If it is tricky ask them to read it to you and you can read the โ€œeeโ€ phoneme words out.

t-l-53335-ee-phoneme-spotter-story_ver_1
Can you highlight all of the โ€œeeโ€ words and write them down in a list. How many have you found?

I would like you to complete these worksheets, they will help you with your โ€œeeโ€ phoneme.

ee_worksheets

Dictated sentences – ask someone in you family to read these sentences out to you slowly and try to write them into your jotter.

1. Can you see the park?

2. I had three sweets after my dinner.

3. My bike has two big wheels on it.

Reading – continue to read the book that I assigned to you yesterday. A big well done to the boys and girls that have already read the book. Can you write a few sentences about what happened in the story?

Maths– Today is the last day of the Sumdog competition so login and have some fun, come on P1a, letโ€™s see how far we can go!!!

3D shape

T-N-1105-3D-Shape-Sorting-Activity_ver_7

Can you cut and sort these 3D shapes into the correct place?

HWB

It’s the last day before the holiday weekend and before Sports’ Day on Tuesday!!!

For some of today’s activities you need dice or you can make some (see below).

Select one or more of the following to do today:

ย  ย 

Look out for news about Sports’ Day activities!

I hope that you have a super weekend and enjoy some time with your family! Remember to clap ๐Ÿ‘ tonight for the NHS.

Mrs MacLeod ๐Ÿ˜