🌈🌈Primary 4/3🌈🌈

Thursday 21 May 2020

Well boys and girls, it’s HAPPY THURSDAY today as we stop our home learning for a little break until Tuesday 26th of May and as you know, from our Health and Well-being posts this week, that is when we will have our Virtual Sports Day.  So all you budding athletes, let’s get out there and practise over the weekend.  Hopefully the weekend will be as lovely as the weather yesterday. ☀️ 🌞

Let’s begin our day with our Morning Prayer.  We will also say a Hail Mary for all NHS staff looking after the people sick in the hospital and all the key workers.🙏

R.E.

Ascension Thursday: 21st May 2020

Today is Ascension Thursday!

We have been thinking about loving and caring for others all week and we have tried to follow Jesus’ commandment to, ‘Love one another as I have loved you.’

You have created a Caring Wreath to show that you care and you have learned about how Jesus ascended into heaven forty days after his resurrection on Easter Sunday.

Normally on Ascension Thursday we would all be going to Mass.  Although we can’t actually go to church today, Bishop Toal is celebrating Mass for all of the children of the Diocese of Motherwell at 11am. 

This Mass is being streamed on Facebook so you will need an adult’s permission to watch this:

www.facebook.com/rcmotherwell

Father Campbell is also celebrating Mass on St. Barbara’s Parish website at 10am.

With an adult’s permission, please select a Mass to follow.

You might also like to watch the clip below. You can join in if you like.

Literacy 📝

Choose a starter activity from the link below.  Remember to choose one you haven’t already use.

Find a Word!

Today we are going to revisit homophones – that’s a tricky word isn’t it – can you remember what they are?  Watch the following link to give yourself a little reminder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zqhpk2p/articles/zc84cwx

Do you remember now?  Homophones are words that sound the same but have different meanings and are spelt differently.  Let’s look at to/too/two this week?

This short clip explains to/too/two very well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zqhpk2p/articles/zc4jpbk

I have attached a worksheet if you have time to complete it.  When you complete the worksheet there is no need to print, put it in your jotter, writing the full sentences with the correct homophone to ensure you sentence makes sense.

Homophone Activity 21 May 2020

Spelling 🔠

If we were back in class we would spend around 15 minutes going over our spelling words.   If there are any of your phoneme words you are still unsure of, remember to practise them.  Take time to use the strategy that works for you.  Remember people use different ways to learn new words.

Reading📖

Make sure you read today for at least 10 minutes.  Find a quiet time and concentrate really hard on your book.  Use a dictionary if you don’t know the meaning of a word.  Reading expands your vocabulary and helps you in so many different ways in literacy.

Health and Well-being  🏃🏻‍♂️

As I reminded you earlier, it’s the last day before the holiday weekend and before Sports’ Day on Tuesday!!!

For some of today’s activities you need dice or you can make some (see below).

Select one or more of the following to do today:

Look out for news about Sports’ Day activities!

Numeracy 🧮🔢

Today is the last day for the Sumdog Contest, so boys and girls there are a few of you still to finish.  A great big WELL DONE to Amelie, Jenna, Kyle and Lennon, Mason, Matei and Ronan  who have finished their questions, fantastic. 👏👏⭐️⭐️

To start us off for number today we will log on to Sumdog for a wee 15 minute warm up.  Try to finish the contest questions if you can.

In ‘Time’ this week you have been working hard revising o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to the hour, with some of you even moving on to digital time, well done!    Please finish the exercises set by Mrs Graham yesterday from your Teejay textbook.  If you have finished everything and you still have some time remaining for number work, please drop me an email and I will set you your next exercise.  You can get me on gw09boyceshirley2@glow.sch.uk.  Please try to use this email address as I am having problems with my other one.  You should try to email me from your own glow email.  You will get the instructions on how to log on from the post dated last Thursday, 14 May, on the blog.

Well boys and girls you have worked really hard and I think you all deserve some golden time.  Enjoy and I will be back next Thursday.  Bye for now and I’ll be watching what you have been working on until then.  Good luck for our first Virtual Sports Day on Tuesday, can’t wait to see your pictures!

Mrs Boyce x🌈🌈

Remember, it’s Thursday, let’s make some noise for our NHS workers tonight at 8.00 pm.

⭐️⭐️Our shining stars⭐️⭐️

A great big well done to all our shining stars so far, I will update it before the end of the day.  Keep watching!!