Primary 1a – Wednesday 20th May

Good morning boys and girls, it’s Wednesday again, you are half way through your week already! You have all been working so hard, well done, I am proud of you 🌟Let’s begin our day with our morning prayer:

God our Father, as we prepare to begin our work, we ask you to help us to use properly the many gifts you have given us, so that we may fully benefit from our day together. St Barbara pray for us.🙏

HWB – Time to waken up and put your best foot forward!

We’re getting closer to Sports’ Day – so time for a little movement. There are two video clips to get you moving and some tasks below. Enjoy!

Now for those tasks:

Play some music lasting about ten/fifteen minutes and do these:

• Jumping Jacks/Star Jumps
  • On the Spot running
  • Plank
  • Squats
  • Add your own and have fun!

Remember to have your water bottle handy and to take a few breaks!

Literacy – I know that you have all been busy bees 🐝 working very hard and have learned a new sound. Can you remember what your new phoneme is? That’s correct “ee”. How many “ee” words can you remember? I’m going to give you some clues, can you shout out the answers?
1. I have lots of these in my mouth, they help me chew my food.

2. I am white and fluffy and I live in a field.

3. Plant me in soil and I will grow.

4. I am the colour of grass.

5. I am royal and I wear a crown.

I thought that you might like to watch this little clip from Alphablocks.

Now I would like you to read these words to someone in your family.

T-CR-9820-ee-words_ver_1

Practise these words on your whiteboard or into your jotter.

Remember to use our strategy:

Say the word – teeth

Make the word/break the word – t   ee   th

Blend the word (push it together)  – teeth

Read the word 📖  – teeth

Write the word 🖊- teeth

Common words had, see, has. Choose a fun way to practise your common words. Why not try them in sand if you have some in your garden. Can anyone remember my favourite ways to write my common words? I sent you some pictures a few weeks ago. Maybe you could send me a picture of your favourite fun spelling practise. I’d love to see them.

Reading – I have assigned you a new book to read on scholastic. I hope that you are enjoying your books. You have been doing so well!

Maths – *SUMDOG* Well done to all the boys and girls who have joined in with the Sumdog competition so far, you are amazing! We only need one more of you to join in and we will make it onto the leader board! Keep working hard P1a, tell your friends too. The more answers you get correct, the more points you get.
3D shape
Let’s see how many 3D shapes you can remember.

match-and-color-3D-shapes

3D shape hunt – Can you find any 3D shapes in your house or garden? How many cubes, cones, spheres, cylinders can you find?

RE – This week we have been looking at Jesus’ commandment to:

‘Love one another as I have loved you.’

Jesus showed his love for all of us on Good Friday when he died on the cross. Tomorrow we are going to celebrate the Feast of the Ascension. On this day, forty days after his resurrection on Easter Sunday, Jesus ascended into Heaven leaving the disciples behind to carry on with his work and to be witnesses for him. They were a little scared to be left without Jesus but they believed in him and they knew that he would not leave them alone. They were quite right of course; the Holy Spirit came to help them on the Feast of Pentecost and we’ll explore that later.

Below you will see two very different video clips about the Ascension. Please watch both of them.

Now what I would like you to do is to draw or make your own reminder of what happened on the Feast of the Ascension.

You could think about making the figures of Jesus, his disciples and the two people dressed in white – you could even create your own video clip.

Or you could draw them and write a sentence or a paragraph below; you might want to make a picture using other media – e.g. cotton wool for the clouds.

I have attached some ideas to help you below.

Whatever activity you choose to do, please email it to gw09wallacemarie2@glow.sch.uk or, with an adult’s permission, upload it on to Twitter @St_BarbarasPS.

Take care

Mrs MacLeod 😁🌈