P4/3 Wednesday 20th May

Hello boys and girls.  I hope you are well.  Today the weather has to be lovely so make sure you get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Morning prayer and a Hail Mary.

Continue to revise your phoneme words and ask a parent or older sibling to dictate some sentences for you.

Today, (if this is possible, if not then you can do this tomorrow or another day when you have the ingredients) I would like us to have a P4/3 Bake off.  I know that some of you have been learning to bake or make cakes.  I would like you to do this today and post a picture on twitter or email me at gw09grahamannemarie@glow.sch.uk.  I also want you to use your knowledge of instructional writing and write the instructions for how to make your cake.  I will include them and the pictures on our Shining Stars page.  It’s a great way of swapping recipes. I will participate too and post my outcome on twitter! Remember:

• List the ingredients you require such as flour, sugar etc.
  • List the utensils you need such as bowl, wooden spoon etc.
  • Remember words like: First, Next, Then, Finally.

I’m looking forward to seeing them!

Today we will continue to revise Time and I know that most of you have the online TJ maths book (if you don’t, please email me and I will sort this for you) therefore I would like you to do:

Teejay 1a textbook: Pg43-46 (This consists of an assessment on pg 46 which you can do tomorrow or at the weekend if you feel it is too much for you to complete today.)

For those of you who feel confident so far, have a go at the following worksheets which ask you to the write the time for o’clock and half past digitally. (Only using 12 hour time for just now)

Time – digital half past

Time – digital o’clock

Remember there is still a SUMDOG competition on until Thursday and we need more of you to play to ensure we qualify and make the leaderboard!

RE 

This week we have been looking at Jesus’ commandment to:

‘Love one another as I have loved you.’

Jesus showed his love for all of us on Good Friday when he died on the cross. Tomorrow we are going to celebrate the Feast of the Ascension. On this day, forty days after his resurrection on Easter Sunday, Jesus ascended into Heaven leaving the disciples behind to carry on with his work and to be witnesses for him.  They were a little scared to be left without Jesus but they believed in him and they knew that he would not leave them alone. They were quite right of course; the Holy Spirit came to help them on the Feast of Pentecost and we’ll explore that later.

Below you will see two very different video clips about the Ascension. Please watch both of them.

Now what I would like you to do is to draw or make your own reminder of what happened on the Feast of the Ascension.

You could think about making the figures of Jesus, his disciples and the two people dressed in white – you could even create your own video clip.

Or  you could draw them and write a sentence or a paragraph below; you might want to make a picture using other media – e.g. cotton wool for the clouds.

I have attached some ideas to help you below.

Whatever activity you choose to do, please email it to gw09grahamannemarie@glow.sch.uk or, with an adult’s permission, upload it on to Twitter @St_BarbarasPS

H&WB

Time to waken up and put your best foot forward!

We’re getting closer to Sports’ Day – so time for a little movement. There are two video clips to get you moving and some tasks below. Enjoy!

Now for those tasks:

Play some music lasting about ten/fifteen minutes and do these:

• Jumping Jacks/Star Jumps
  • On the Spot running
  • Plank
  • Squats
  • Add your own and have fun!

Remember to have your water bottle handy and to take a few breaks!

Have fun today and enjoy the weather.

(Mrs Boyce will be with you tomorrow but not Friday.  It is the bank holiday weekend therefore you have a holiday on Friday and Monday! So I will be back with you on Tuesday ready for our virtual sports day!)

Mrs G 🙂

PS Have a look at our Shining Stars wall so far, more to be added today!  Keep that work coming everyone!

Our-Shining-Stars (1)