Primary 3 – Tuesday 19th May 2020

• Good morning primary 3,

I hope you had a nice day yesterday.

From all of the pictures I have seen it is clear you are all working very hard.

Keep it up!

Some of you were in touch yesterday to confirm you were using the correct spelling words. I will send an email to everyone else today to ensure you are using the correct list.

Spelling:

Please write a phoneme story for your new sound. Lets see who can include the most words.

Reading:

Please log on to Scholastic to access your book for this week.

All groups can use their book to complete the character profile below.

Choose your favourite character from the story. Write their name and draw a picture of them in the middle. Fill the boxes with facts about your character. This is just like the way we do it in class. If you can, write down the page number to show where you found each fact.

If you do not have access to a printer remember you can just complete the task in your jotter.

Character Description – All Groups

Red:

Today we are going to work on 2 digit addition.

Please watch the short video clip below.

Now click the link below to access your task.

Red Task

Amber and Green:

Today we are going to work on the chimney sum method with regrouping.

Click the link below to access your task.

Amber and Green Task

Remember the Sumdog competition is still live. Please log on to enter. Good Luck!

R.E

Yesterday we were looking at the Ten Commandments and Jesus’ message to,

‘Love one another as I have loved you.’

I asked you to think about your families and how much you love them. I also reminded you that Pope Francis has told us all to care for others, ‘No ifs, no buts!’

Today I would like to think about the people living in the same house as you; there might be two of you, there might be six of you! It doesn’t matter. Now I would like you to think of FIVE little things that you could do this week for those in your home. It could be that you set the table, make your bed, clear up after a meal, make someone a cup of tea or even take the vacuum cleaner for a walk!

When you have selected five things, draw some heart shapes and inside each, draw or write your tasks. You can make some extra hearts for decoration. Colour or decorate them carefully. Next make a circle wreath-shape like the picture below or if you have a paper plate, use that. Attach your heart shapes and display your Caring Wreath somewhere you can see it easily. Carry out your tasks this week and show that you care – no ifs, no buts!

Please email your Caring Wreath to gw17mcmullenkenedi@glow.sch.uk  or, with an adult’s permission, upload them on to Twitter @St_BarbarasPS and to Pope Francis’ Twitter @Pontifex

HWB

Yesterday we had a look at making healthy snacks and the skills you need to create something delicious in the kitchen!

Today as we get closer to Sports’ Day next Tuesday, let’s be a little more energetic with a dance and then some yoga!

Have a lovely day primary 3!

Remember if you have any questions then please get in touch.

Take care.

Miss McMullen x