Primary 1a – Friday 15th May

Good morning boys and girls 😊HAPPY FRIDAY!  I hope that you have had a great week. Let’s begin today with our morning prayer to St Barbara.

God our Father, as we prepare to begin our work, we ask you to help us to use properly the many gifts you have given us, so that we may fully benefit from our day together. St Barbara pray for us.🙏

HWB- Let’s begin with some exercise to get your minds active. I know that you all enjoy Cosmic Kids Yoga so I’d like you to give this one a try, it’s about Coco the butterfly. Have you spotted any butterflies on your daily walks? I have seen lots of different types.

Literacy – This weeks phoneme was a tricky one, ‘ph’. How many ‘ph’ words can you remember? Draw some pictures of the words that you can think of with the ‘ph’ sound in them.
cfe-l-221-wh-and-ph-sounds-matching-activity-english

Today is Friday so it’s time for a little test.  Write the numbers 1-6 in your jotter and ask someone in your family to call out the words slowly. Think about every sound in the word before you write it down.

1. dolphin

2. photo

3. elephant

4. first

5. little

6. one

Dictated sentences– try to complete one of these sentences, you can do more if you wish.
1.The little elephant has a long trunk.

2. I had one photo on my shelf.

3. I was first in the line.

Reading for enjoyment – Today I would like you to choose a book of your own choice to read aloud to someone in your family. You could choose a book from Scholastic, Collins or a book that you have at home.

Well done to the boys and girls who managed to complete their scholastic book this week, you are doing so well! Keep up the super work. If you didn’t get the chance to read it yet perhaps you will get a chance today.

Numeracy– The North Lanarkshire schools contest for Sumdog begins tomorrow at 8am and will end on Thursday 21st May. It would be amazing if our class could make it onto the leaderboard.  Let’s take part over the next few days and have lots of fun playing the games.

RE– We remember Mary, the mother of Jesus and our mother. Let’s say a Hail Mary and remember all of the people who are sick and in hospital. Below is a link for you to try and draw a picture of Mary.  Talk to someone in your family about the kind of person you think Mary was. Can you write some of these words around your picture that describe Mary?

https://www.activityvillage.co.uk/learn-to-draw-mary

I hope you have a lovely weekend with your families.  Take care and keep safe.

Mrs MacLeod x