Primary 1a – Friday 1st May

Good morning boys and girls! Happy Friday!😁 I hope that you have had a good week. This is the 1st of May, a new month.  Usually we would go to mass on the first Friday of the month.  Fr Kenny is live on Facebook at 10am, perhaps your parents would tune in and watch mass with you, this would be a nice way to begin your day.

Literacy – Let’s begin today by revising all of our initial sounds and phonemes.

How did you get on with your alphabet scavenger hunt on Wednesday? I hope that you found an item for most sounds in the alphabet. If you didn’t manage to do this perhaps you can try it today?

Please revise all of the common words in your word tin.  Can you ask a parent to test you on the  common words that you have been practising this week? How well do you know them? Please write them neatly into your jotter. Remember to put today’s day and date at the top of your page.

1. this

2. that

3. then

4. with

5. us

6. so

7. much

8. now

9. new

10. out

Now mark them out of 10. How many did you get correct?

Reading – Continue to read the book that I have assigned you on Scholastic.  Can you design your own front cover for the book, including the title, author and illustrator’s name and picture of your own? If you prefer to use a Collins book you can.  Well done to all the boys and girls who have read their books, I can see that you have been doing really well. Keep it up!

*Please e-mail for logins if you haven’t already, these resources are helpful.*

I have also set a few tasks on studyladder for you to try.

As Friday is usually a testing day to test your knowledge, I’d like you to try another Daily 10 on topmarks.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10

Select level 1/Addition/Missing number calculations up to 10.

Practise writing your numbers up to 30 in your jotter.  Remember to leave a space between each number.

RE – This Sunday’s Gospel is about Jesus the Good Shepherd.

This story teaches us that Jesus is always there for us when we need him.  We are like the sheep and Jesus is the Good Shepherd.  Our Good Shepherd loves us and will protect us.  When we have Jesus as our shepherd we are safe.

Remember to say your prayers for everyone in our world who is sick and in need just now.

Can you draw a picture of Jesus – The Good Shepherd?

Have a great weekend.

Mrs MacLeod 😁🌟