Thursday 30th April 2020

Good morning primary 3,

What a quick week it has been! You have all be working extremely hard. Please remember to take plenty of breaks throughout the day. Remember not to worry if you do not manage to complete all of the tasks.

Please click the link below to access your literacy work for today.

Literacy Thursday

Numeracy:

Please start your numeracy work today by having a go at our place value game. To access this click the link below. You can choose to work with 2 digit numbers or to challenge yourself and try some 3 digit questions. Good Luck!

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/place-value-basketball

Today we are continuing our revision work on estimation and rounding. So far we have looked at rounding 2 digit numbers to the nearest 10, rounding 3 digit numbers to the nearest 10 and rounding 3 digit numbers to the nearest 100.

Below you will see a link for 3 tasks. I would like you to choose carefully which task you would like to complete. Have a look at all 3 before you make your decision.

Red Task

Amber Task

Green Task

I have extended your Sumdog challenge until 3:00pm today. I hope this gives everyone enough time to give it a go. There is also some place value work available on Studyladder. If you do not have your log in for this please get in touch.

Health and Well-being:

Yesterday we had a look at different types of emotions. If you are feeling sad or down it is important you tell an adult you trust.

There are also some things we can do to help improve our mood. Regular exercise is very important at this time. You can try some cosmic yoga today to help you relax.

Another thing you can do to stay positive is to do a task that makes you feel happy.

Cooking is something that helps me to relax and feel happy. I also like to sit in my garden to read a book. Throughout this time I have also been playing board games with my family. All of these things help me to remain positive.

Click on the link below and complete the worksheet. This will help you think of lots of activities that help you relax and make you feel happy.

Things that make me happy

Please remember to pray and to thank God for keeping us safe and well at this time

Keep smiling and have a lovely day.

Miss McMullen x