Primary 1a – Thursday 30th April

Good morning Super Stars 🌟

Let’s begin with our morning prayer 🙏

God Our Father, as we prepare to begin our work, we ask you to help us use properly, the many gifts you have given us, so that we may fully benefit from our day together, St Barbara pray for us.

Today is Thursday and that means writing day! Although I was only in your class for a short time, I saw some super writing tasks from you. On Tuesday it was National Superhero Day, which honours superheroes both real and fictional. 🦸‍  You may have a favourite superhero of your own? In my house we have two favourites, one of my boys loves Batman and the other loves Spider-Man. Superheroes are great role models for us, they serve and protect while fighting evil. Over the last few weeks we have seen lots of super heroes in our own country, helping to fight this virus. Can anyone think of who these people might be? We clap for them every Thursday.  Doctors, nurses, NHS workers among many others.

I would like you to write about your favourite superhero, it could be Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America or any other.  You may even choose someone closer to home that you think is a superhero, it might be your mum, dad, gran, grandpa, friend, teacher, whoever you wish.  I would like you to tell me your superhero’s name, their special powers and why you think they are so important.  You can also draw a picture of your superhero. I’d love to find out who your hero is, you could send me a little picture.

My favourite super hero is…

I like him/her because…

His/her super power is…

Design-a-Superhero

Please try these two games :
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/helicopter-rescue
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/caterpillar-ordering

You should have a worksheet left from yesterday.

General – challenge 2

Chilli challenge – challenge 4

Health– Can you be a superhero? Try one of these workouts.

Take care and have fun!!

Mrs MacLeod 🌈🦸‍♂