P4/3 Monday 27th April

Good morning boys and girls. Let’s start with our morning prayer and a Hail Mary for all those who are sick or in need of a prayer.

I hope you had a lovely weekend, the weather was glorious.  My girls had their paddling pool out and we had such a lovely time.  I would like to read how you spent your weekend.  Write me a few sentences/short paragraph about your weekend.

P3 Common words:

begin, follow, often, letter, woman

P4 Common words:

seven, seventeen, clothes, garden, yesterday

How can you break up these words?  Syllables? words within words? double letters?

Use your spelling strategies to practise the spelling of these words.  Use pyramid writing, rainbow spelling or flower writing.

Write a sentence for each word.

Read a chapter of your book.  Choose a character and write a character profile for him/her.  Draw a picture of this character.

Mental Maths  – use this link to complete a daily ten challenge of mental maths activities.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10

We will continue with place value, using resources available to you can you show me bundles of tens and ones.  For example in the number 34, there are 3 tens and 4 units.  Therefore show 3 bundles of ten and 4 ones. You can use spaghetti, pencils, cubes etc.

I would like you to be able to specify how many hundreds and tens and units are in a number. I have attached a worksheet for you to do,  I expect most of you to be able to state the tens and units, P4, I would expect you to be able to state the hundreds, tens and units in the numbers.

Place value 3 digits 2

Health & Wellbeing

Let’s think about our growth mindset.  Write a list of five things you are good at. Eg, football, dancing, singing etc.  Now, write a list of five qualities you have,  For example, what kind of person are you?  Are you caring, loyal, patient, loving, funny?  What makes you YOU?  Now, ask a parent/adult to write five qualities that you have.  Do they match?   How does this make you feel?  Self talk is very important to us.  It is not boasting or bragging if we say we are good at something.  It is important to have a healthy relationship with ourselves.  If we believe in ourselves and have healthy self respect then we have more to give other people. You are a kinder person if you love yourself first.

I would like you to practise positive self talk. Design a poster with the words “I am …”  Fill in the gaps.  Maybe it’s funny, caring, kind, loving, a good friend.  Hang this poster somewhere you can see it every day.  Seeing this will encourage you to be kind to yourself and talk to yourself in a positive way.

Have a great day everyone!

Mrs G 🙂