Primary 1a Friday 24th April

Good morning Primary 1 and happy Friday!!😁 What a beautiful day it is again.🌞Let’s begin by saying our morning prayer and an Our Father and thanking God for our beautiful world in Spring.

Please practise writing out each initial sound/phoneme as you sing along to our Jolly Phonics songs.  You could use a whiteboard or write them into your jotter, just one time for each sound.

Revise the wh phoneme in the same way that you did on Wednesday.
When, what, whip, whisk, whisper any other wh words that you would like to try.

Common words – Practise reading all of your common words from your word box.  Can you read the three new words? Well done!  Today I would like you to do some rainbow spelling 🌈 Choose 3 colours and write each word with each colour, like this..

If you would prefer, you could use chalk and write them outside.

Dictated sentences – ask your child to try to write one of these sentences into their jotter, read a word at a time slowly for your child to write down. Boys and girls remember out little song 🎶Capital letter at the start, full stop at the end, finger spaces in between and show it to a friend🎶Choose the sentence which best suits your child.

1. I went out to play.

2. What will I do now?

3.I got a new toy.

Reading – Choose your favourite story from home and ask someone in your family to read it to you.  Try read the common words that you can from it.  Make a list of any of your common words in the story.

Can you tell someone in your family the days of the week? How many days are in a week?

Can you rhyme the months of the year? How many months are in a year?

Can you write down 3 different ways to make 10?

Health & Wellbeing

During this time at home we might be feeling lots of different emotions. Sometimes we might feel happy to be with our families, sometimes we might feel sad when someone does something we don’t like, sometimes we might feel afraid because everything is different.  It’s ok to feel all of these things.  Can you draw the faces showing how these people feel and talk to someone in your family about how you are feeling today?

Remember that these are only ideas and we know that you may not be able to do them all, everyone has different circumstances.  Do what you can do, that’s all that we ask.  I hope that you have found some of the tasks useful.  If I can help in any way please contact me:

gw09wallacemarie2@glow.sch.uk

I hope that you have a lovely weekend in the sunshine and manage to spend some time in your gardens or go for a walk, cycle or scoot!

Take care,

Mrs MacLeod 😁