Primary 1a Thursday 23rd April

Good morning girls and boys!😁 I hope you have been having fun with your home learning. Please begin today with your morning prayer and say a special ‘Hail Mary’ for all the people who are sick in our world and for those caring for them.

Literacy – Writing
Today is Thursday and would usually be your writing day so I’d love for you to write me a little story telling me about your Easter weekend. Please send them to me if you can.  I would like you to include:

When? When did your story happen?
During my Easter weekend/On Easter Sunday/ On the 12th of April

Where? Where were you?
In my back garden/ In my house/ Out for my daily walk

What happened? Did the Easter Bunny leave you some eggs? Did you have an Easter egg hunt? Did you go for a walk, cycle or on your scooter?

How did you feel? I felt excited/I felt amazed/I felt over the moon

Reading – Practise reading the book that you chose yesterday to someone in your family.

Let’s look at our number bonds to 10.

Practise writing them into your jotter.

0+10=10

1+9=10

2+8=10

3+7=10

4+6=10

5+5=10

6+4=10

7+3=10

8+2=10

9+1=10

10+0=10

RE

Today is St George’s Day, St George is the Patron St of England. Here is a little story of St George and the dragon. Perhaps you can draw a little picture of St George and the dragon for me?

Here is an extra idea for you if you find the time (or you could work on it for next Thursday), can you make your own musical instrument to play and cheer for the NHS?

Hope you have a great day and remember to enjoy the sunshine, try to do some exercise outside 🌞

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Mrs MacLeod x