Primary 2- Friday 3rd April

Good morning boys and girls,

Hooray, we made it to Friday! Two full weeks of home learning done and dusted, Well done 😁

Friday is normally our spelling test and dictation. So with the help of an adult reading them out, I would like you to have a go at spelling 8 of your common words from your flash cards and have a go at writing these dictated sentences-

The boy took his boat to the pond to sail it.

The three girls hid under the green tree. 

Today is the last day to complete the Sumdog challenges that are set for you. Well done to those who have been going on, keep up the great work!

Holy Week begins this Sunday, so it is important we take the time to learn about The Story of Easter and understand the importance of Easter. I know how much you all enjoy watching Bible stories in class so let’s watch this one and listen carefully. Afterwards, tell someone at home what you have learned.

I know you all love a word search so why not complete this fun Easter word search to get you into the Easter spirit! Maybe you could try and make your own Easter word search for someone in your house to complete?

I know we are about to have a very different Easter holiday than what we are used to so over the next 2 weeks you might want to keep busy by creating an easter hunt or making beautiful cards or pictures. Here is a list of activities you can choose from if you are looking for something to do over the holidays-  https://www.thebestideasforkids.com/easter-crafts-for-kids/ . Keep an eye out for regular updates for more Easter activities from Mrs McKinney.

Miss Shreenan has also launched an Easter Egg decorating competition to complete over the Easter holidays- I will be joining in on this as well! If you would like to join in, please tweet a photo of your decorated egg. The winner will be announced on Easter Monday-Best of Luck 🐣

Here are some ideas to help you get creative. I know you all have great imaginations so I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Thank you to all parents for your support and patience over the last couple of weeks as we all get the hang of our new way of learning. Wishing you all a happy and holy Easter. Stay safe and I hope the Easter Bunny is good to you all. I think we all deserve some chocolate!

Miss Shreenan x