Thursday 2nd April-Primary1b

Good morning everyone 😀

It’s Thursday and you have all wowed me with your amazing efforts already this week🌟 Reading your replies and tweets has put a giant smile on my face. I am missing you all but you are all continuing to make me very proud to be your teacher. Keep it up Superstars!

I would like you to start off today with our morning prayer. I would also like you to say a  Hail Mary for people across the world who are suffering. You could also sing the Lent song you learned in class to someone in your family.

I couldn’t believe how many of you logged on to Sumdog yesterday to complete challenges and to take part in our class maths competition. Most of the class have started and the leaderboard is looking very close. Remember the competition closes on Friday at 2.30pm and shortly after I will be revealing our winner, who will be crowned this week’s Maths Champion.

Today you could practise the sh, th, ch and ng phonemes. Listen and sing along to your jolly phonics songs, say the sounds whilst doing the actions and try to write down some words which contain each of these phonemes. I’m sure you might also like to go back and watch Geraldine the Giraffe on her sound hunt. There is a video for each of these sounds 🦒

You could add some more fun into your day by tuning in live to listen to David Walliams reading one of his stories at 11am. His stories are very funny and star some of ‘The World’s Worst Children’.

I have another little challenge for you today which you might like to try. Can you create your own little imaginative world and hideaway by building a den in your house? You could use lots of different materials that you can find around the house, such as pillows, fabrics and pegs. Will it become a hidden castle or an amazing space rocket? Wherever your imagination takes you I cannot wait to find out. Tweet me a picture and leave me a little message. @St_BarbarasPS

Have an amazing day and remember to take plenty of breaks.

Miss McEleney 😀