Thursday 2nd April PRIMARY 5

Good Morning Primary 5,

I hope that you are wide awake and ready to learn. Try to start your day with some exercise  and a healthy breakfast. Could you set the table and organise breakfast for your family? Write down 3 things today that you are grateful for. It can be people, things and experiences – anything!
The winner of our Sumdog Competition yesterday was EP. Very well done, your accuracy was amazing! Today, please complete a daily 10 challenge from topmark.co.uk. You might even ask a family member to compete against you.

Let’s continue exploring negative numbers using rising and falling  temperatures. Check out the clips below and work through the challenges given:

Let’s revise some silent letter words today:

wrong  climb  wrist  knot  write  comb  knock  sign  knelt  thumb  wrestle  plumber  rhythm sword  honest  debt  government  autumn  solemn  build  circuit  silhouette raspberry

Use pyramid spelling to practise words. Write a paragraph story using as many words with silent letters as you can. Circle the silent letters within words.

Read a chapter of your personal reader and tell a  family member what it was about.

Practise some of your Spanish Vocabulary as you watch episode one of Mi Vida Loca – ‘My Crazy Life.’  Jot down the key vocabulary as you watch and practise it on a family member.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/ep01/

Recently we studied germination and plant/ flower growth in class. Unfortunately, we were unable to conduct the experiment that we had planned. I have always wanted to grow my own vegetables, so over the coming weeks I am going to try hard to have ‘green fingers’ and grow my own vegetables from cuttings. If you are interested  in having a go watch the following clip for some ideas:

https://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/how-to-regrow-store-bought-vegetables-herbs-jag-singh

Again, please remember that you are free to select and adapt suggested activities. The most important thing is to keep yourself busy and active. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reply or email.

Have a very happy Thursday, Mrs Haughey x

2 Replies to “Thursday 2nd April PRIMARY 5”

1. Mrs Haughey – I hope you and your family are well. Euan has not managed to do as much work as planned in last 2 weeks as we decided to get a puppy 🐶 He has told me all about your dog already so you will know how much time this takes to training. I am on annual leave this week so euan won’t be getting the holiday that he would have done and we spent today very structured 👍🏼 Christopher done PE with him and Emma doing science 🧪 Going to writea Story about the new puppy Cody as we made a word map with all the adjectives today ♥️

1. I hope that you have had a great Easter break. It sounds like you have been very busy. Well done to Christopher and Emma for helping with home learning. I would love to read Euan’s story about Cody! He looks gorgeous,but I know how much hard work they are at the beginning, it does get easier! Hope you are all well. Look out for P5’s new home learning ideas on Monday. Take care,
      Mrs H x