Primary 6 – Thursday 2nd April

Good Morning Primary 6,

I hope that no one fooled you too much yesterday.

Here’s a maths starter for today,

Rewrite this story using numbers and a.m. or p.m.

I got up this morning at quarter past eight. I arrived at the computer at five to nine and stopped work for my break at ten to eleven. Lunch was one o’clock until ten to two. I finished for the day at twenty five to five and went to bed at quarter to eleven.

I’ve been correcting your work on FirstNews and some of you really need to think about how you are answering the questions. Is what you are writing really what the question is asking? if the question asks for your reasons, are you giving them?

Here’s Cressida Cowell reading Chapter 8 of, “How to Train your Dragon.”

There is lots of speech in this chapter. The humans are having a conversation but the dragons are talking too.

Summarise the February conversation between Hiccup, Fishlegs and Toothless. Try to explain why they are each saying what they are saying. Does Hiccup really believe that he is gaining Toothless’s trust?

You can tweet your answers to any of the challenges @St_BarbarasPS and I’ll be able to see them or you can hit the “Leave a reply.” button at the top of these posts.

I hope that you have been practising your key spelling words for this week. Perhaps today could be the day for a test? Give the list to another member of your family and see how many of them you can spell correctly. Practise the ones that you get wrong for the rest of the week. If you get them all right have a test using the words on your family spelling word list from Tuesday and then practise those.

You also have a spelling challenge running on Sumdog that finishes tomorrow.

Mr. McIntosh

4 Replies to “Primary 6 – Thursday 2nd April”

1. Hi Mr MacIntosh,

Rebecca has forgotten her First News login and password. Would you be able to give me this?

Thanks

Sandra

2. Hi Mr McIntosh

Jessica doesn’t seem to have a login for First News either. Could you maybe send one to me too?

Kind regards

Lynne