Religious and Moral Education is provided through the medium of ‘This Is Our Faith’ Religious Education Programme.
Learning through Religious Education enables pupils to:
- develop knowledge and deepen understanding of the Catholic faith
- investigate and understand the relevance of the Catholic faith to questions about truth and the meaning of life
- highlight, develop and foster the values, attitudes and practices which are compatible with a positive response to the invitation to faith
- develop the skills of reflection, discernment, critical thinking, and deciding how to act in accordance with an informed conscience when making moral decisions
- nurture prayer life as an individual and as part of the school community
- understand and appreciate significant aspects of other Christian traditions and major world religions
- make a positive difference to themselves and the world by putting their beliefs and values into action.