In Saint Andrew’s we aim to hold pupils in high regard ensuring that their dignity, worth and individuality is respected.
The Catholic ethos will be embraced whilst showing respect for other faiths and their beliefs.
We aim for high achievement by encouraging all children to work to their full potential and to develop their skills and talents in a safe, happy and caring atmosphere.
Carefully planned and structured learning experiences will be implemented to develop the potential of the whole child.
High realistic expectations for our children, from staff, parents and importantly from the children themselves are promoted.
Positive partnerships with parishes, families and the wider community will be fostered to further support children’s learning and development.
Good self esteem in our children will be encouraged in a considerate and caring atmosphere where staff and children work together to build positive relationships.
The school is committed to assessing all policies and practices to ensure there are no negative impact on any group of people.
The aims of St. Andrew’s Primary School are:-
- to encourage all children to work to their full potential and to develop their skills and talents in a safe, happy and caring atmosphere.
- to encourage friendship, understanding and harmony among all the pupils and to foster a sense of self-respect and self-esteem.
- to foster good relationships among all those who work in, or visit, the school.
- to play an active Christian part in the life of the school and the Catholic parishes it serves.
- to establish a sense of community in the area and participate in activities involving other schools and agencies.
- to develop in our pupils the four capacities of Curriculum for Excellence: Successful Learners, Effective Contributors, Responsible Citizens and Confident Individuals.