Room 17's Blog

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Room 17’s Reading Books This Year

Hi, I’m Lauren and you may know me from some of my other blogs. I’m here today to tell you about some of the reading books I have read and what I rate them and some of my favourite authors and their books too. Now my class has different reading books for certain groups so I’m just going to tell you about the ones I’ve had.

1. Kasper: Prince of Cats by Michael Morpurgo, now I would rate this book a 10/10 because all of the language he uses in it, the way he describes his characters is amazing. So now I’ll tell you a little bit about the story. So it’s about a little boy called Johnny Trott and he is a little boy who’s mum left him and he is an orphan and he works as a door boy on a boat and Johnny thinks that he sees his  mum and she is called Countess Kandinsky and Johnny describes her as being beautiful. And she has a cat and he is called Kasper. Kasper is a black cat who has lovely fur. And Johnny helps her look after the cat when she is away doing shows. Then one night the Countess gets knocked down and Johnny keeps Kasper. But Johnny finds another family who have a little girl called Elizabeth. And Johnny, Kasper, Elizabeth and her parents all went on the Titanic and Johnny goes as a stowaway to Australia.
  2. The Santa Maria by Kenneth Steven, I would rate it a 5/10 because I don’t think it was my type of style.
  3. The Eye Of The Wolf by Daniel Pennac I would rate this 10/10. I loved this book to pieces!!! It was just so so interesting because a wolf who lost one of his eyes in a fight against humans and a little Arican boy called Africa and Africa could see his life story through the Wolf’s eye.
  4. And currently I’m reading Beetle Boy by M.G Leonard and I’m liking it so far.

Books I Like:-

1. The Dork Diaries series by Rachel Renne Russell
  2. Roald Dahl books
  3. Michael Morpurgo Books
  4. Enid Blyton Books
  5. Francesca Simon Books
  6. David Walliams Books
  7. A Series Of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Thank you for reading my blog, byeeeeeeee