Palm Tree Paradise Island – Our Water Community

Primary 6 in Dunrobin are doing a Global Storyline topic called “Our Water: Our Life”. Throughout this topic we will be learning all about water wants and needs throughout the world. We will also be learning through Drama and have created our very own community called Palm Tree Paradise Island, where our single water source is a well in the centre of our island that is filled with water from an aquifer down below. We brought all of our suggestions as to how our island should look and drew them on the board beore creating a frieze of our community.

Each child in our class has created their own character who lives and works on this island and each family has its own responsibility for taking care of our water source.

4 thoughts on “Palm Tree Paradise Island – Our Water Community”

1. Hi Dunrobin,
    I am excited to see you in the bootcamp. Your project sounds great and I hope we will hear some of the stories about how your characters live in Palm Tree Paradise Island.

2. This is a fascinating story. I am impressed with all the biopoems and look forward to reading more about the characters in Palm Tree Paradise Island.