Primary 5/4 2020

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Hello Primary 5/4…

Good afternoon Primary 5/4,

I hope you are all well and spending your time safely at home!

I have started my week by making a rainbow for my kitchen window…

I would LOVE to see photos of your rainbows (will explain in my next post how we can try to keep in touch!)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

New Learning Resources

I am sure that most of you will have now finished reading your set class novel. This week why not use the same reading grid as last week but complete the tasks for one of your favourite books. (Reading-homework-grid)

As Spring has now sprung you could have a go at some of these following activities: create a picture of blooming spring flowers (with permission – you could use resources from your garden!), create a picture of a symmetrical butterfly, make your own acrostic poem using a springtime word of your choice, during a walk or within your garden spot the signs that spring has sprung and write a report on how our landscapes change in Spring and use technology to record these signs – you could even create your own trailer for a spring movie using iMovie or similar software! Again I would love to see anything you create and will tell you in my next post how you can share these with me!

This week I have set up three separate competitions on Sumdog – one each for maths, reading and spelling.

The competitions will go live today at 1:30pm and run until Friday at 3pm – on Wednesday I will post the half way results before announcing the final results on Friday along with the winners for each of the three competitions!

I have also set up a few challenges for you to work on improving set skills within the three areas!

MATHS

Squares – Multiplication Challenge on your concrete and developing knowledge of the times tables you have learned.

Triangles & Circles – Multiplication Challenge on your concrete and developing knowledge of the times tables you have learned.

READING

Whole Class Challenge – Capital Letters and Sentence Punctuation

SPELLING

Yellow Group – Compound Words

Purple Group – Common Words

Blue Group – Phoneme Words

I will also announce a winner for each of the above challenges!

Sumdog (@sumdog) | Twitter___________________________________________________________________________________________

As I am sure most of you are already aware there are lots of daily learning opportunities in a wide variety of subjects happening on many social media and online platforms. A fellow teacher has listed some of these for you and I hope you will give most of them a go!

Daily-Live-Events-

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Stay safe Primary 5/4!

Miss Girvan