Overtown Primary School

Wonderful WW2 Workshop

Post written by P6

Today P6 were visited by Ian from the Mobile Military Museum. First we got to investigate lots of different artefacts used in WW1 and WW2. Whilst we explored we were also able to hold a shell from a mortar. It was heavy! After looking around we paired up and Ian gave us an A-Z quiz about WW1 and WW2. We were able to look around the displays to help find answers. The two winners were given a bullet!

Later Ian showed us some gas masks. He showed us some that were for babies, civilians and soldiers. We were also given the opportunity to try on newer gas masks. We were then able to hold real bayonets, guns and knives used during WW2.  We had a great day.

Jamie – I thought it was an amazing experience and I hope I can do it again.

Matthew – Today was probably the best day of the school year for me. I wish we could do it again.

Kyle Si – I really enjoyed seeing all of the great artefacts from WW2.

Heather – I really enjoyed looking at all of the old artefacts from WW2 and I hope we can do it again.

Karen – I really enjoyed holding the knives, guns and gas masks. It was a great experience and I learned lots.

Photos to follow