Overtown Primary School

Butterfly Release

002 (2) 005 (2) 006 (2) 007 (2) 009 (2) 010 (2)

On Monday afternoon, Primary Five/Four released their five butterflies in the playground. They chose a perfect spot with bright flowers. The butterflies were so happy with their new home that some were still there the next day!

The children have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the lifecycle of a butterfly ‘in action’ over the past few weeks. Here are some of their thoughts on the experience:

Zara – I enjoyed having the caterpillars in the classroom and it was nice to set them free as butterflies.

Emma M. – I enjoyed pointing out to Miss Gibb how they had changed each day.

Grace – I enjoyed setting the butterflies free, even though, they were still in the same spot when we came into school the next day.

Isla – It was amazing how the tiny caterpillars we got grew into beautiful butterflies.

Lauren – It was a great experience to find out we had baby caterpillars in our classroom.

Jay – It was magnificent seeing them go into their chrysalis and then come out as butterflies.

Emma T – It was great having them in our class and I was sad to let them go.

Craig – It was fantastic seeing one tiny caterpillar grow into a massive butterfly.

Jennifer – I enjoyed having the caterpillars in our class. I like how they transform into beautiful butterflies.

Ziad – It is amazing how they go into a chrysalis and come out as a butterfly.

Marie – It was amazing how the caterpillars turned into butterflies.

Morgan – I enjoyed watching the caterpillars life cycle and we were lucky enough to see one come out of it’s chrysalis.

Jodi – It was amazing how the caterpillar makes the chrysalis and changes form from a caterpillar to a butterfly.

Chloe – I enjoyed watching the caterpillars turn into butterflies. It’s amazing how they change in their chrysalis.

Jake -It was amazing having caterpillars in our class.