Our Lady and St. Francis Primary School

W/b 5th September 2022

We introduced our Outstanding Citizens this week at assembly.  These are children who have contributed positively to the school community by either being kind, helpful, compassionate, respectful or showing excellent manners.  The children selected will join the HT on a Friday afternoon for a small treat.  Unfortunately this could not be managed this week, however it will carry over to next week.

Our First Friday Mass was celebrated last week and P7b did an excellent job at leading the mass and coffee morning which followed.  All of our P7s performed 4 wartime songs to our wonderful audience.  It was amazing having our wider community back into the school building, who were all good sports at joining in.  We raised £151!  Thank you for your generosity.

Our assembly this week will focus on Children’s Rights and International Literacy Day.  UNESCO hold an annual International Literacy Day which falls on 8th September.  I will be challenging the children the children to read a book and tell me all about it, either by drawing a picture, writing about it, uploading a review to Mrs Semple’s Team page or by chatting to me about it.  Please encourage your wee one to participate.   We will also celebrate our Wider Achievers – if you have an achievement/award, bring it in on Monday morning to share with our school community.

Please note the school and nursery are open every day this week.  I look forward to seeing everyone on Monday morning.

Mrs Semple