Our Lady and St. Francis Primary School

W/b 12th September 2022

We introduced our Out of School Hours Learning clubs this week.  Miss Ainslie held an Art Club, Miss McCluskey led a Disney Club, Mrs Mushet offered a Drawing Club and Mr Maxwell took Football, Netball and Multi-Sports.  We have been lucky to have some Sports Leaders and former pupils from Taylor High School  – thank you Carly Curran, Sarah McGuinness and Caitlin McMahon for giving up your time to provide opportunities to our pupils.

Well done to our Outstanding Citizens for the last two weeks who participated in afternoon tea with Miss O’Donnell on Friday.  The children received a treat and listened to some music. Photos will soon be uploaded to twitter.

Our assembly on Monday included a challenge for our pupils.  As part of International Literacy Day I requested the pupils read a book and tell me about in by any means they wish.  I was delighted to see so many pictures, book reviews and photos on Teams.  I also had countless children approaching me in the corridor to tell me about their stories.  I am so proud of all of you, getting into the spirit of the challenge – well done!  Each child will receive a house point for the excellent effort.

Our assembly this week will focus on Roald Dahl, as we celebrate Roald Dahl day on Tuesday 13th September.  This will also fit in to our Rights Respecting School Article of the Month, The Right to Education.  We will also celebrate our Wider Achievers – if you have an achievement/award, bring it in on Monday morning to share with our school community.

We will hold a virtual Parent Council meeting on Wednesday at 6:15.  The instructions to access this will be emailed this week.

Mrs Semple