Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Primary 2/3 1.6.20

Hi boys and girls, we have entered the month of June which is the last month of the current school year! It was lovely at the weekend wasn’t it? I spent lots of time in my garden planting new flowers and watering my grass. What did you all get up to? I can’t wait to hear all about your adventures!

Sum Dog
Well done to everyone who took part in Sum Dog challenges. The winners were

Blue Group Spelling – Daniel

Pink Group Spelling – Grace

Green Group Spelling – Mia

Purple Group Spelling – Samantha

Maths – Samantha

Grammar – Samantha

I have sent the pupils who took part in challenges some coins to spend. I have also created new challenges again for this week, I hope you enjoy taking part in them.

Oxford Owl
Some people in our class have begun using Oxford Owl to read some books online. I have chosen a book for each group that you might like to read this week. If you read them, I would love to hear what you thought of the story. Instructions on how to access our Oxford Owl can be found in the Files folder in Teams.

Sun Group – The Lazy Giant

Moon Group – The Magic Paintbrush

Rockets Group – The Scarf

Star Group – Toads in the Road

Teams
I am loving hearing from you through Teams. It is a great way of letting me see your hard work and what you are busy doing during the week. It really does make me so delighted to seeing you all getting on so well. There are still lots of pupils I would love to hear from so please log in and send me a wee update. Any issues let me know and we will do our best to get you logged in.

Looking forward to hearing from you all again soon, I am missing you all very much!

Miss Bennett xx