Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Primary 5/6 – 26.06.20

Good morning Primary 5/6,

How was your long weekend? I hope you all had lots of fun and are all doing well. It was very stormy on Friday and Saturday! I was glad that it stopped raining on Sunday to get some fresh air. This weekend, Archie had lots of fun playing with custard and enjoyed trying cheese and tomato pastries that I made. I added ham to mine. They were delicious! Yesterday, we went a very long walk and Archie enjoyed being in his trike. He enjoys seeing dogs and points to every dog he sees. I thought he was very cute holding a flower and onto the handle bars.

Microsoft Teams
I am very impressed that lots of you are now using Microsoft Teams to help you at home with your learning. It has been lovely chatting to you and seeing the impressive work you are doing at home. Many of you tried very hard on our first Microsoft Team Quiz! I have made a new one this week focussing on Australian animals. I have attached the PowerPoint we used in class and the questions will be based from this. I also managed to add pictures to this week’s quiz!

Australian Animals

Spelling
Each groups spelling words and tasks are attached below.

Capital Letters – Your spelling words are focussing on Art

Capital Letter Spelling 26.05.20

Full Stops – You have Common and Tricky words

Full Stops Spelling 26.05.20

Commas – You have Common and Tricky words

Commas Spelling 26.05.20

Question Mark – Your sound this week is ‘aw’

Question Mark Spelling 26.05.20

Question Mark Phoneme Story ‘aw’

Sumdog
A very big well done for qualifying in the North Lanarkshire Maths Contest! I am very proud of you. That was a great achievement competing with other schools in North Lanarkshire. The winners of the Time Competition are Cadence-Lee and Brooke. Well done girls! You all did a great job boys and girls. Keep it up! I have left a reward for those who took part. This week, I have set a Time Check Up for you and for Grammar, a practise task on Adjectives.

Epic Reading
On our Home Learning Grid, there is a new website for reading called EPIC. A couple of you accessed it last week. I have reattached instructions below on how to access EPIC Reading. Remember our class code is on our Grid.

EPIC Instructions
https://www.getepic.com/class-code-flyer?cc=acs9380&dev=false&version=default

I am very impressed with the hard work lots of you are doing. You are all doing so well. If you have any questions about any of the tasks and activities or need any support, please get in contact with me.

Take care,

Miss Jones x