Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Primary 2/3

Happy Friday boys and girls!
I hope you have had another enjoyable week at home and have been busy learning and playing. I have loved hearing from so many of you on Teams. Even Miss Grant and Miss McFadden have joined in our Team so they can hear what you have all been up to as well. As it is Friday, here is a link to one of my favourite Go Noodle songs (Miss Bennett can often be heard singing this song very badly in her kitchen). I know it features some ‘Fortnite’ moves which we liked to do in class.

Sum Dog Class Challenges
Our current Sum Dog challenges are available until Sunday morning and it is super close at the top of the leader boards. Like last week we have lots of boys and girls with well over 200 correct answers! I’ve been so pleased, I’ve even given out some Sum Dog coins to pupils who I can see are logging in regularly and are answering lots of questions.
I will be announcing the winners in my post on Monday morning, so look out to see if you have made it to the top this week. As it is Friday, I have also opened the house for you.

Sum Dog Maths Council Contest
I have added our class to a North Lanarkshire Sum Dog Contest. It starts today and is available from 8am till 8pm on May 21st. You are able to play at any time. For us to appear on the leader board, at least 10 people from our class need to take part. Good luck to you all.
This will be our Maths challenge for next week, I’ll still create class challenges for Spelling and Grammar.

Teams
Another wee reminder about Microsoft teams, lots of our class have now been able to log in and access our class Team. If you’re just logging in now, please leave a wee ‘hello’ so I can see you’ve logged in. So far we’ve been able to chat and share some pictures. If you require any assistance please let us know and we’ll get you sorted as soon as we can so you are able to use Teams from our launch day Monday 18th May! I have already posted previous learning grids, associated worksheets and each Spelling groups’ sounds and common words to our files for you to access. Starting Monday you can find your new learning grids and activities on Teams as well as on the school website. You will also be able to ask questions, send me any work you wish me to see and take part in quizzes.

Take care everyone, have a lovely weekend!

Miss Bennett xx