Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

May Weekend

Good morning Boys and Girls,

I hope you have had a great week and enjoyed the lovely weather. I want to say a big well done to the boys and girls who have been working really hard on Sumdog this week. Keep up the super work! Remember I have set challenges for Maths, Spelling and Grammar now. I will open the house today for you!

I’d love to hear from you and what you have been doing. I really enjoyed hearing from Kacie and Aimiee this week! Kacie has been baking and helping prepare meals. Aimiee also made a homemade cheese pizza and might be making scones this weekend. I am going to try and make a banana loaf today. I will let you know how it is on Monday. I also got a nice surprise when I met Peyton helping her Mum in Asda. She was telling me about playing with some of you on Xbox and enjoying the nice weather.

Today and Monday are holidays for you! Remember to have lots of fun and try to spend some time outside. I have attached some fun at home ideas below.

Fun at Home ideas

Today is the 75th anniversary of VE Day, here are some Beamish 1940s Farm recipes that you may want to try.

Have lots of fun and try to spend some time outside. I am missing you all. Have a lovely long weekend!

Miss Jones