Mrs.Curran and Mrs. McHugh's Page

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Thursday 21st May 2020

Good morning boys and girls,

I hope you have all hd a good week so far and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine yesterday.

Today’s tasks:

Literacy – Grammar

Listen to the story “The Smartest Giant in Town” again. This is an excellent story. We have spent time learning about adjectives and verbs. Remember what the job of each type of this word is? An adjective is a describing word and a verb is a doing word. We also in school spent a lot of time on rhyming words especially Primary 1 and this book has lots of rhyming words too.

Primary 1

Can you make a list of rhyming words from this story, there are lots so you don’t need to write them all but have a go at finding and writing as many as you can. Remember you can pause the video the way we would do in class so you can write each word down – this will help.

Write a sentence from the story which has an adjective in it.

Primary 2

Can you make a list of as many adjectives and verbs that are in the story. Remember you can pause the video as you write them down. There are lots in it so I am not looking for them all just as many as you can.

You don’t have to write all the rhyming words down but when you hear them tell yourself that they are rhyming words to keep that fresh in your head.

Write a short paragraph, could be another extra paragraph or part to the story which includes adjectives and verbs about George or other characters in the story.

Art and ย Design

The mice in the story made a house in George’s shoe. Can you design ย house in your favourite shoe?

Maths

I will attach a measure activity in a separate post boys and girls.

Sorry ย I am later uploading your tasks today, my internet has been very slow thisย morning.

I hope you all have a great day.

Mrs McHugh x