Mrs.Curran and Mrs. McHugh's Page

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

Wednesday the 20th of May, 2020 🌟

Good morning girls and boys! 🌝

Here are your tasks for today and I’ll hopefully hear from you on this page or on Teams later on today.

Mrs Curran x

Today I would like everyone to listen to and read the story of “The Smartest Giant in Town” below or read the book if you have a copy at home.

Task : Answers these questions in your jotter or on a piece of paper about the story.

I’ve given you a little help by giving you the start of the answer but remember to look back at the story to help if you get stuck.

1. Where did George the giant live ?   George lived ………..

2. What did George buy from the shop ? He bought …….

3. Who did George give his smart shirt to and why ? George gave his smart shirt to …………..

4. The author uses lots of rhyming words in the story like scarf and  giraffe. Can you write down two other pairs of rhyming words from the story? Two pairs of rhyming words are ……………

5.  Can you tell me the names of all the animals that he helped in the story? George helped ………..

6. Do you think George really was the smartest giant in town? Yes / No I think George is …….

7. Draw your favourite part of the story and tell me why it’s your favourite part.

All groups:

• Log onto Sumdog and complete the new challenges  that I’ve set for you to revise all our number work so far this term.

• Challenge : Here are a  few little brain teasers  for you to keep you thinking!!! Can you work out the answers with some help?

You’re driving a city bus. At the first stop, three women get on. At the second stop, one woman gets off and a man gets on. At the third stop, two children get on. The bus is blue and it’s raining outside in December. What colour is the bus driver’s hair?

What is full of holes but can still hold water ? 

Spot the Difference

Here’s a little task to see how good your observational skills are! Can you spot the ten differences in the pictures? 😎📝

printable-brain-teasers-for-kids