Class presentations

Primary 7 have been busy researching the impact of natural disasters on people and the environment. We have worked well as teams and produced some outstanding presentations and information posters. For some of our class this has been a very rewarding experience because not only have we furthered our knowledge by studying this fascinating topic but we have also grown in confidence in terms of presenting confide

ntly to our classmates.

And Relax….

Mrs McKay and I would just like to say a massive thank you to the primary 7 children who represented Keir Hardie this week with pride. You were all an absolute pleasure to have and to spend time having fun with. You achieved things that some of you never imagined possible and should be immensely proud of yourselves! We hope you enjoy your restful weekend-it is very well deserved!!

From a very tired but happy Miss Henderson and Mrs McKay xxx

We’re on our way home

We are on our way home!! We have lots of sad faces leaving behind the fun we’ve had at Kilbowie! We have made so many new memories that will last with us for a lifetime!

WE SHOULD BE ARRIVING AROUND 2.00pm. WE WILL UPDATE THIS AT THE GREEN WELLIE.

See you all soon!!! 😆😉

Disco Fever

Wow! What a busy night! We have JUST headed to our bedrooms to try and get some sleep!! 🙂 We’re not sure how that is going to pan out but we are certainly hopeful 😉

The disco was great fun! We all got glammed up and danced the night away!! All the schools loved learning new dance moves from each other and the dance offs were a plenty!!!

We are all really sad to be leaving tomorrow but are looking forward to seeing all of our families. We have missed you all very much!

Thank you for commenting on the blog so regularly! We have loved hearing your comments everyday and it’s made us feel like you have been here with us!!

It has been an absolute pleasure and privilege to have shared this experience with our children in P7! We are so proud of all of their achievements and they have been a credit to the school and to themselves throughout every part of their week. Well done P7!

Our Final Activities

This afternoon marked our final activities here at Kilbowie! Group 6 were skiing down a very wet and slippy ski slope making us fly down at super speed! Group 7 explored the beach, forest and mountain side on an adventure walk. During the walk we found a skeleton of a green shore crab and used our anatomy skills to piece it all together.

We are about to get packed and ready for the highlight of the week…The Kilbowie Disco!!!

Thursday Morning Fun!

Good afternoon everyone! This morning has brought  our groups some of the most fun they’ve had all week! GROUP 6 were at the gorge with Miss Henderson and had an absolute ball! Everyone pushed themselves and made it to the top to see the awe inspiring waterfall! The rain we’ve had the last few days had a positive affect on the gorge and made it high and deep with river Rapids to add to the fun! We all loved jumping into the waterfall with Miss Henderson and Teeny and had a ball!

Group 7 were kayaking and canoeing with Nigel and Mrs McKay! The water was rough and the rain pouring down but it didn’t stop us having a blast! The tough conditions made us have to work harder together and support each other to keep us safe. Even those who were unsure of the water made an extra effort and proved to themselves they could overcome their fears! Well done Group 7!

Day 3 Highlights

Wow! Today has been action packed from the minute we opened our eyes! Lots of water activities meaning our photos are minima today but the fun has been to the max!! Group 6 were on a Safari with a twist and canoeing and Kayaking with Group 7 being pushed to the max on the Gorge Walk and being entertained by the famous Derek on his notorious safari!

Day 3 highlights

Leah- I loved gorge walking because I enjoyed swimming in the water. We climbed up the rocks and jumped in the waterfall at the end.

Ellie – today I jumped in the freezing water after kayaking. It was very refreshing and a whole lot of fun!

Kimberley – my highlight of today was jumping in the water into the waterfalls with everyone at the gorge.

Sarah s – I loved climbing up the river at the gorge. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do but not been allowed so it was really special for me.

Sarah McL – kayaking was my highlight because I went out really far into the water and was really confident in the skills I had learned. I was really proud of myself!

Abbie – today’s highlight for me was gorge walking because it was unforgettable! I loved being free and being given the chance to fm figure out things for myself like how to climb the waterfall and get up the gorge.

Jenny – gorge walking was my favourite part of today because we worked as a team to climb the gorge. Farryn and I helped each other up the Rapids. I was proud of the paper aeroplane I made for my team in the scavenger hunt which won us the tie breaker point!

Amy S – My highlight of today was jumping in the sea because it was cold but refreshing and so much fun!

Farryn – At the gorge we got the chance to sit in the river Rapids and float down the river! It was so much fun and we all got very wet!

Anna – during Derek’s safari we explored the beach and looked at all the different shells and how they got there. I collected some to bring home with me.

Amy A – I liked learning the names of the different animals around in their natural habitat at the safari. We caught a field vole and got to have a close up look before setting it back into the wild.

Lewis is very proud of the fact he overcame his fear of water to participate in gorge walking and credits his group with being the thing that helped him most today

Scott took part in canoeing. Although at first he was nervous his instructor Teeny really helped develop his skills in rowing

Steven most enjoyed jumping into the river from the rock during gorge walking. He was helped by his team who supported him when he needed it.

The sea conditions were great today when Aaron went canoeing. His favourite activity was when the waves came after the speedboat passed.

Carlin was given the opportunity to jump Into the deep water when he was in the sea canoeing. His most helpful item was a securely fitted life jacket

Blair’s friends were a great help in encouraging him today during the gorge walking. It was the best moment ever when he jumped Into the sea from beside the waterfall

Scott thoroughly enjoyed gorge walking today. He used the rocks to help hold onto stop him from slipping or falling in the river

Jack’s favourite part of the day was the canoeing. He especial liked jumping into the sea

We will keep you updated tomorrow with all of our fun!

Keep the comments to us coming as we love reading them all together!

Night night from from us all here up in Oban. Xxx

Day 2 thoughts

Here are some of our thoughts about day 2…

Jack – during the rock climbing I worked with Scott and Aaron and we had to communicate with each other to go at the same pace and keep each other safe. I really enjoyed it and would try to push myself even further next time I tried it.

Amy S – to get ready for our activity was a challenge in itself! We had to help each other get into our wetsuits and make sure our kit was secure. This was the start of a day of learning and fun!

Amy A- I learned how to use and put on different equipment for different activities. I was a bit nervous and unsure of the activities to start with but I kept going and tried hard and was pleased that I did!

Ellie – My favourite activity was the Rock Climbing. I had to be strong and confident and Mrs McKay said I flew up the rock like Spider-Man! I really enjoyed working in a team to help each other out.

Aaron – I took part in all the activities today and my friends helped me to feel brave and safe. Jumping into the sea was freezing to start with but I got used to it and I loved it!

Scott McL- today I feel I have been confident and I have made myself join in with the activities even when I found it difficult. The Rock climbing was my favourite today!

Holly – Something that I achieved today was believing in myself that I could do things that I never thought I would be able to. All my friends supported me and we had great fun.

Sarah McL – I enjoyed the climbing the most today but when I looked up I thought I couldn’t do it because it was so high. I tried my best and I made it to the top. I felt really proud of myself!

Anna – Today I accomplished climbing up the edge of a cliff even though I am scared out of heights. I had to think quickly when I got stuck and felt there was no way to go. I made it to the top but need to remember not to look down!

Steven enjoyed the skiing because it’s an experience he’s never done before and doesn’t know if he will again. He liked it because although people fell they got back up.

Jenny believes she needed balance and the ability to grip into the surface to avoid falling.

Lewis enjoyed the skiing as he progressed through different levels and heights on the slope.

Scott has never skied before and he thinks this challenge him on his balance and grip and his ability to stick with it even when it gets tough.

The rock climbing was an activity that Farryn thinks pushed her However by starting at a low height this allowed her to develop her confidence and her rock climbing skills. By the end she scaled a rock face that was extremely steep and her rope was secured by her classmates who she had to trust .

Blair was very proud of himself as he was attached to ropes and managed to climb halfway up the rock face. Although he was scared he pushed himself to at least attempt the task

Leah thoroughly enjoyed the skiing as she grew in confidence and by the end could skii from the top of the slope. She learned how to slow and stop on the slope by turning one foot inwards to create friction and grip.

Kimberley has discovered she is a talented skier even though she has never been skiing before. Miss Henderson commented on how good she was and she is aiming for the next Winter Olympics.

Although Sarah has not been rock climbing before she gave it as go. She was very scared at the beginning but felt safe knowing that her classmates had a strong grip on the safety ropes.

By taking part in the night line Abbie realised that she had to trust the person In Front of her to help her move forward She had to wear an eye mask and so had to use her sense of hearing and sense of touch as she could not see anything.

Tuesday Afternoon Activities

Well the weather was on our side this afternoon meaning we could all get stuck in to our afternoon activity. Group 6 were Coasteering with Martine and Group 7 were Rock Climbing and Abseiling with Nigel! Great fun was had by all and we felt the presence of our own little purple Heather up on the rocks. 🌸💜👼🏼