Evacuee Letters

Primary 5 enjoyed writing letters as though they were an evacuee during World War II. The children used their learning from our Rememberance Day mini topic to write their letters. We tea stained some paper to make it look older and wrote our letters including information about; the journey to rural areas, what happened once we had arrived, what our billet families were like and jobs we did to help our families. Here are some sentences from the children’s work. Well done, all your letters are fantastic!

Cameron wrote- ‘When we arrived at the town hall we all got lined up. I was the last one to be picked.’

Chloe wrote- ‘The train journey was awful and I felt sick. My head was aching. I tried to get to the toilet but I couldn’t because the train was so crowded.’

Callum wrote- ‘I was so sad to go away from you and dad but it is so fun seeing a lot of strange things and funny animals. There is also a lot of land and grass.’

Taylor wrote- ‘The chickens escaped and I had to chase them. After that, we picked berries to make a pie that was yummy.’