Electricity

We have started learning about electricity. First we talked about things that have electricity supplied by mains like a plug. Then we looked things that worked with batteries. Some things can be mains or battery.

Next Mrs MacDonald gave us some wires, a bulb, a battery pack, a motor and a switch. We were to try to see if we could make the light switch on. We realised we needed batteries to power any circuit. We added in a switch and some managed to get the motor to work too.

It was fun making circuits!

5 thoughts on “Electricity”

1. I enjoyed making different electrical circuits. We had to put an item between the wires and see if the light bulb lit up. The items which caused the bulb to light up are said to be electrical conductors and those which did not are called electrical insulators.

2. I really enjoyed learning about circuits and I know that to make a circuit work you need two working batteries or the bulb/motor wont turn on. I also enjoyed experimenting to see if a bulb and motor would work at the same time and Robyn and I were really surprised when we found out it actually worked! I had sooooooooooooo much fun!

3. It was quite tricky at first but when I got into it, it got quite easier and more easier. Tested my brain skills A LOT!! I loved putting on the crocodile clips on! I got burned a little bรนลฅ I was fine…..I think ๐Ÿ˜– It WAS fun. I BADLY WANT TO DO IT AGAIN๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ต When the light came on (FINALLY) It was SUPER BRIGHT! When I felt it it felt like..๐ŸŒ‹A VOLCANO๐ŸŒ‹SOO warm ๐Ÿ˜บ I wanted to hug it FOREVER….I guess ๐Ÿ˜‰ The motor felt weird when I touched the spinny Thingy-Mabob. Eh ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

4. I really liked doing the electricity because I learnt a lot.it was so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. It looks as if you are really enjoying this new topic! I’ll need to order batteries or should I say cells??