3D shape nets

Photo on 01-12-2015 at 14.27 Photo on 01-12-2015 at 14.23 Photo on 01-12-2015 at 14.25 Photo on 01-12-2015 at 14.26 Photo on 01-12-2015 at 14.28Today we were looking at cuboids and their nets.  We got a net each and cut it out.  On each face we wrote some facts about cuboids before we cut them and stuck them.

Here are some of our facts…

Ava – A cuboid has 6 faces.

Kali – A cuboid must have some rectangular faces.

Brodie – A cuboid is an irregular 3D shape.

Matthew – It is irregular because the faces are not all the same shape.

Keavie – A cuboid has 8 vertices.  (A vertice is like the corner on the shape)

Christopher – A cuboid can have 4 rectangular faces and 2 square faces.

Maggie – A cuboid has 12 straight edges.

Carmen – A cuboid can have 6 rectangular faces.

Angus – All the edges on a cuboid are parallel.

Next time we will be looking at nets of other shapes.

7 thoughts on “3D shape nets”

1. I have learned lots about shapes I really enjoyed making the cuboid and I hope everybody else did to✏.

2. I enjoyed creating our cuboid’s out of a net. I liked finding out lots of facts and hope to find out more. I found it quite tricky to fold it and glue it together. I liked when we got our photo’s taken with others.

3. I learned a way how to make a cuboid and what a cuboid net looks like. I learned some new facts about cuboids. I can progress in how i make my cuboid and how much facts i put on my cuboid and how i fold the lines on the cuboid. I learned to awlways try your best in every task you do.

4. I had fun seeing how a cuboid looked before it was made into the 3D shape. I hope we can make more of these 3D shape nets.

5. I learned how to make a cuboid and what a cuboid net looks like. I learned lots of facts about cuboids and learned how to fold all the lines and glue them to make it 3D. we wrote facts on them too. I learned as well to always try your best and make sure it doesn’t fall apart.