The Start of 2015!

We are back at school after the holidays and we are feeling fantastic after a nice break.  We have been sharing our news about our Christmas holidays and it sounds like we all had a lovely time.  Now that we are back at school we are redy to learn some new things.

In maths we have started learning about addition.  This is brand new for primary 1 but primary 2 are learning to do more difficult problems  with a 100 square.  We are still working hard with our big maths and we have new learn its to remember.

We are working hard with our reading too.  We have noticed that our books are getting harder and we know that practise makes perfect.

Our new topic is about the Scottish myths and legends.  We found out that a legend is a kind of story that has been passed along from a long long time ago.  We have decided to learn about the Selkies, The Loch Ness Monster, The Kelpies and a story about a famous King and a Spider.  As well as learning about Scotish legends we are also having a go at some events from the Highland Games during P.E.

5 thoughts on “The Start of 2015!”

1. Sounds as if you are going to be very busy Primary 1/2! I really like your new topic for Scottish Month, I wonder if you would be able to share some of the Scottish Myths with Primary 2 because I think they’d really like them too?

2. What a busy start to the new term P1/2. You are going to be learning lots of new and interesting things. I am looking forward to hearing more about your new topic.

3. It sound sliek you are working very hard Primary 1/2, we really enjoy Big Maths in P3 and we hope you enjoy it too.