Golden Vegetable Soup

Today we worked hard to make Golden Vegetable Soup. The first two groups peeled and chopped the carrots for our soup. The next group chopped up the turnip. They thought that it was very hard to chop. The next group chopped up the leeks. The last group are chopping the potatoes and putting the water and the stock in the pots to make the soup.

We had to cook the vegetables in the pot with the water for about 40 minutes. We used a hand blender to make our soup nice and smooth. We added in some milk to make our soup golden in colour and nice and creamy.

When our soup was ready we got to eat it and some of us added some parsley on top to finish it off. We made two pots of soup and we ate it all. We didn’t even leave any for Mrs Noble or Mrs Hadden.

14 of the boys and girls in our class enjoyed our soup. We are all proud that we tried something new even if we didn’t like it.

Erin – I enjoyed cutting up the turnip and it was hard to cut it up.

Adam – I enjoyed chopping the carrots for the soup.

Conor – I liked cutting the carrots.

William – I didn’t like our soup today but I am happy that I tried it.

Benjamin – I loved eating the soup.

Daniel – I didn’t like eating the soup today but I liked cutting up the carrots even although it was tricky.

image image image image image image image

3 thoughts on “Golden Vegetable Soup”

1. Your soup smelt delicious as it was cooking and even better it tasted delicious. Thank you for sending me some.