Vegetable Kebabs

We made honeyed vegetable kebabs on Wednesday.  We had to get ready to cook.  We had to wash our hands, we had to put on our aprons, some of us had to tie up our hair and Mrs Noble had to take her jewellery off.  This week Mrs Noble taught us a strange trick for washing our hands properly.  She told us that we had to sing Happy Birthday to ourselves  and wash every part of our hands.

We had to cut up all of our vegetables.  We learned that to chop  safely we need to make a bridge with our hand and to slice safely we had to make a claw.  We made a marinade with honey, oil and a little lemon juice and we put all of our chopped up vegetable into it.  We had to put the pieces onto the skewers to make he kebabs.  We had to put them into the oven and the last thing we got to do was eat them.

Conor – I liked the potatoes because they were yummy.

Lewis – I didn’t like putting the vegetables on the skewers but I did like cutting the vegetable up.

Jason – I only liked the peppers but I am pleased that I tried it.

Klea – I didn’t like the red peppers but I liked puting the vegetables on the skewers.

Adam – I did not like the taste on mine but I liked puting my hands into the bowl because it was all sticky.

Daniel – I didn’t like the yellow peppers but I liked puting the vegetables on the skewers.

IMG_2388 IMG_2390 IMG_2397 IMG_2399 IMG_2400 IMG_2401 IMG_2402 IMG_2404

One thought on “Vegetable Kebabs”

1. I’d love to come along and see you using your different cutting techniques. Your kebabs smelt delicious when they were cooking!