The Scottish Book Awards Are Coming!

This week it is Scottish Book Week.  To celebrate we are going to spend 3 weeks working on each of the books that have been short listed for the Scottish Book Awards.  This week we are working a boom called ‘Lost for Words’ by Natalie Russell. We found out that Natalie Russell wrote the book and drew the pictures we think she is very clever.

The first thing we did was read the book.  Yesterday we did a jumbled sentence task and we thought about what the book was about.

Today we did a little bit of writing.  We found out lots of facts about Tapirs. We did this research because the book has a character called Tapir who is a Tapir.

William -I learned that Tapirs eat small branches.

Dionne- I learned that they are good at diving and swimming.

Conor- I learned that Tapirs are brown.

Erin- I learned that Tapirs live in the rainforest.

We are looking forward to doing some artwork just like Tapir in our book.

4 thoughts on “The Scottish Book Awards Are Coming!”

1. Wow this sounds a really interesting book. I would love to come to class and hear one of your books. I’m looking forward to seeing your artwork.

2. Wow! Primary 4/5 are very excited to hear about the book awards. We wonder who will win and who will be your favourite. It would be great if you could come and tell us.

3. Primary 3 have never heard of a Tapir before, we would love to know more about it. We hope you enjoy scottish book month.