Stirling Castle Trip

We had a fantastic day. John the jester was so funny and told us lots of funny stories about his master, King James V. We practised juggling, mastering the Diablo and even spinning plates. The adults tried hard too! The weather was really good – no rain!

Three members of the castle staff commented on the good manners and behaviour of the children. I am very proud of them. They are a credit to their families and their school.
Miss Bryce

P3/4 – what was your favourite part of the trip?

Captured!!!!
The Queen's maid, explaining the tapestries.
With the Queen Mother's servant, John.
Meet John the Jester!
Getting a bit of help!
Smile, everyone!
This is hard work!
Plate spinning - a dying art!
Even Mrs Kennedy tried her hand at juggling.
This one was tricky.
Concentration.........
Class photo in the Douglas Gardens - the scene of a gruesome murder by King James II.
The view from the battlements.

10 thoughts on “Stirling Castle Trip”

1. Have been hearing how fantastic it was since Matthew came home from school! He had a fantastic time and we’ll be visiting the Wallace Monument very soon. Thanks to all the staff for getting him so excited about Scottish history 🙂

2. Thank you Miss Bryce and Primary 3/4 for inviting me to Stirling Castle. It was a great day and you were all very well behaved!

3. Looks like everyone had great fun. It is great to hear other people commented on your excellent behaviour! I am sure this trip will help you when you are learning about the different kinds of castles we have in Scotland. I am also looking forward to seeing you bring some of your own models in:) Looks like Mrs Kennedy had lots of fun too!

4. My favourite part of the trip was John the jester and learning lots of new things.It was the best trip

5. Thank you for coming with us, Emma. You and Mrs Kennedy were fantastic. I hope you weren’t too tired by the end of the day! You can come on a trip with us ANYTIME!!

6. I had a great time at Stirling Castle with Miss Bryce, Emma and P3/4. My favourite part was when we were trying to find the dungeons. John the jester was sooooo funny. A great day!!

7. The best thing about Stirling Castle was John the jester. He was very funny.
    Brandon

8. best trip ever my favourite part of the trip was when we were at the dungeon I was the last one to get ready to move on to the next room.
    Also John the Jester was extremely funny!!!

9. Hey miss Bryce I loved Stirling castle . My fave part was when we went into the chapel I liked the art in there.kerri robertsonx