Welcome to S1 ICT
Here I have laid out how the S1 ICT course works when we are in school, along with rough timelines.
Each unit has teaching resources available from the MSTeams class.
To access an MSTeams class you need to create an account and then access classes using codes given to you in the school’s blog.
The class code for S1 ICT is bis5jzy
The S1 course is split into 4 main units:-
1) Input/Process/Output/Backing Storage Aug – Oct
2) Business Graphics Oct – March
Web based software:- https://vectr.com/
3) Welcome to the Web March – May
Web based unit:- http://www.w2tw.uk/
4) DeskTop Publishing May – June
In the MSTeams class you will find resources that you can work through at your own pace. Don’t worry about the timeline above, have a look at the units which interest you and have a go at the tasks. Some tasks require software on your computer. If you cannot install the software on your computer, don’t worry about it. You can still look though the booklets to give you an idea of what you’ll be asked to do in the class.
Please, if you can, create accounts and work through the extensive exercises and fun filled tasks contained within the 2 web sites below:-
- These will introduce you to coding and give them fun activities to enhance your coding skills.
- You will eventually be able to create your own computer games amongst other things.
Please feel free to sent your completed SCRATCH games to me so I can play them. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org