Welcome to Computing Science
Here I have laid out how the Computing courses work when we are in school, along with rough timelines.
Each unit has teaching resources available from the MSTeams class.
To access an MSTeams class you need to create an account and then access classes using codes given to you in the school’s blog.
The class code for N4/5 Computing is 8ez3gey
The S3/4 course is split into 4 main units:-
1) Web Design & Development S3 Aug – Nov
2) Database Design & Development S3 Nov – April
3) Programming S3/4 April – November
4) Systems S4 Jan – March
The class code for Higher Computing is dk131i0
The Higher course is split into 4 main units:-
1) Programming Aug – Oct
2) Database Design & Development Oct – Dec
3) Web Design & Development Jan – March
4) Systems March – May
In the MSTeams classes you will find resources that you can work through at your own pace. Don’t worry about the timeline above, have a look at the units which interest you and have a go at the tasks. Some tasks require software on your computer. If you cannot install the software on your computer, don’t worry about it. You can still look though the booklets to give you an idea of what you’ll be asked to do in the class.
Through either MSTeams and the SQA web site pupils have access to the following resources to help them study:
- Theory notes for all units
- Homework questions to support learning, based on past paper questions
- Past papers and marking schemes – (available from SQA website)
- Websites for assistance with your studies
Here are a few links to assist you with your home studies:-
www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize – to assist with all aspects of the N5 & H courses.
www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.html – to download SQA past papers and marking schemes
www.scholar.ac.uk – to assist with all aspects of the N5 course. username:- ges3nat5 password:- bird70pear
https://sites.google.com/rgc.aberdeen.sch.uk/rgc-highercomputing/home – to assist with Higher Computing Science revision.
Please make sure you use them with the theory notes published in the Edmodo classes you should be a member of.
Remember if you have any issues whatsoever email me:-
- Please keep logging into the MSTeams classes to ensure you have all the up to date materials and advice.
- Also please don’t hesitate to contact your teacher if you require any assistance via MSTeams or email.
- Good luck and stay safe