Sacred Heart Primary

Room 1

Good morning room 1! I hope you are all having lots of fun in the sun. It feels a bit like the summer holidays have begun already with this lovely weather. I am missing seeing you all on a Monday afternoon! Stay safe everyone and have a go at your tasks for this week if you can.

Health and Wellbeing
LI – We are learning that everyone is unique and special.
We are all unique and special in our own way. Try out the activity below and ask someone else in your family to do it too. Are their answers different from yours? Does that make either of you better than the other or just unique?

Science
LI – We are learning about ice.
Ice is simply water that has frozen. What happens to the ice when you take it out of the freezer? It starts to melt. How fast it melts depends on a few things but I am sure you could guess some things that might make it melt?
Try out the experiment below which involves ice to keep you cool in this hot weather. My boys froze dinosaurs and had great fun trying different ways to get them out of the ice. They tried warm water, rubbing the ice, blowing hot air on it, putting salt on it and putting it outside in the sun.

Ice Escape Investigation Activity